Notice on the delay of School Enrollment
Dear Parents and Students,
特别的疫情，特殊的寒假。一场突如其来的新冠肺炎疫情打乱了我们的学习生活，为了抗击疫情，确保大家生命安全和身体健康，原定于 2 月 17 日的开学推迟了，假期延长了，同学们宅在家的时间变多了。根据上海教委的通知，目前学校收到的信息仍是本市各级各类学校 2 月底前不开学，开学时间一经确定，将提前告知各位家长。
This 2020 Spring Festival is really tough for all of us. The "War of the Epidemic" has pulled our hearts together. It’s a difficult time right now but let’s enjoys the family time.
During this epidemic, the school management and teachers have been working hard to prepare for the late start to this semester. Much has been done during this extended period to ensure students are given the best possible opportunities.
According to the updated notice from the Shanghai Education Committee, to ensure continued safety to the students, all the Schools in Shanghai will not recommence study until at least the end of February of shortly thereafter. Immediately after the date is confirmed, we will advise you accordingly. Therefore, we have to say that the registration date, which was originally scheduled for Feb.17, 2020, will be postponed, and the specific time will be determined according to the first school day.
Before start the online teaching, the school has prepared a learning and life guidance suggestions (winter vacation extension period) for new and old students, hoping that students can make good use of this leisure time to learn and recharge. The specific arrangements are as follows:
6. 抓住自我成长好时机，提高信息搜索能力，学会批判性思维，担起家庭社会责任，做 小小家长
Suggestions for daily life:
1. Continue your good hygiene habits
2. Make this new hygiene habit a lifelong practice
3. Take continued care on your outside excursions, even when the green flag is raised and the epidemic is no longer with us.
4. Stay positive. This has been a traumatic time but the outlook is bright.
5. This recent period has allowed time for additional entertainment but don’t forget to continue home study.
6. Take this opportunity to improve oneself and look at life more responsibly.
d. 学习单内容限制学生 40 分钟内可以完成。
e. 开学后一并将学生学习单收回，同时在 gradelink 记录成绩。
As for the study agenda, please be advised as follows:
1. Online communication: our homeroom teacher will contact you from this week by phone. Please feel free to contact her/him if you have any questions;
2. Lexile Reading System: LWS students use Lexile Reading System to help students learning English. Please help with your child to follow teacher’s guidance on reading and to read as well as learn English on this reading system during the vacation.
3. E-learning materials package: we will prepare a package of learning materials for each grade, 70% of which are knowledge points from last semester, and 30% new knowledge.
a. All subject teachers will prepare the study list for every class each week
b. After preparation, they will be sent to all parents thought “xiao hei ban”
c. The answers to the questions in the study list will be sent to all parents
d. The study list contents are not extensive and should easily be completed within 4 minutes.
e. The study list(s) should be returned to the teacher after school recommences. The teachers will update grades on gradelink.
It is suggested you should discuss and cooperate with teachers to complete the contents of the study list. And our teachers are all free to ask online.
Every task and assignment above will be delivered to you through the Internet. This is not only the requirements and guidance, but also a strong love and full responsibility of teachers. It is a message for you to learn at home, as well as a special experience. We hope that students would actively cooperate with the teachers and strive to complete the learning tasks.
In this special period, HOME will be the living place of your children as well as the learning place, and the supervision responsibility of children's learning to a large extent has also been transferred to the hands of all parents. We sincerely hope that you will be a good "tutor", strengthen communication with teachers, do a good job in children's psychological guidance and logistical support, create a good learning environment for children, and make the family become the multiplier of children's efforts. However, LWS, as well as our teachers, will continue to teach on vacation, constantly follow up and guide children, supervise your children's learning through various modern educational technology platforms and means, and free to answer any questions for your children. We will also make corresponding adjustments according to the actual situation. Finally, I sincerely thank all parents for their cooperation and support!
The virus is merciless, but we are together; the mask is scarce, the educators keep help each other. LWS takes on its social responsibility, fought against the epidemic with practical actions, donating more than 70000 masks to Wuhan, Shanghai, Hefei and Hangzhou through various forms and channels, and actively participated in the "anti epidemic war".
This is a very difficult time but we would still like to safeguard you and your health until we get back together on the campus.
Wish you all safe and sound!
Living Word Shanghai